We know choosing a size when you’re shopping online can be tricky! But don’t worry-we’ve made it easy to get the perfect fit.
Knowing your measurements is essential to having perfectly tailored clothes. When taking your measurements, use a cloth tape measure. Make sure that the tape is level and neither too tight or too loose. Measurements should be taken on bare skin, not over clothes.
1. Arm Length – Measure from the top center of your shoulder to your wrist where a long sleeve shirt hem would be.
2. Center Back – Measure your back from the center of your neck at shoulder level down to your hip.
3. Center Front – At shoulder level, measure your front from the center of your neck, over your chest and down to your hip.
4. Bust – Wrap the tape measure under the armpits, across your back and around the fullest part of the bust.
5. Torso- Measure the circumference right under the bust where your bra band would sit.
6. Waist – Your natural waist is the narrowest part of your torso. It lies between the bottom of your rib cage and hip bones. Bend to one side to find the natural crease of your waist, measure the circumference at this point.
7. Hips- Standing with feet together, measure the circumference around the fullest part of your hips and butt. The hip bone often isn’t the widest point. It is one to two inches lower where your butt is at its fullest. This is usually located 7 to 9 inches below your natural waist.
8. Inseam- Stand with your legs straight and feet about shoulder-width apart. Measure from the very top of your inner leg, or bottom of your crotch, to the bottom of your inner ankle. Repeat this process on your other leg and find the average of the two measurements to achieve your most accurate inseam length.
9. Leg Opening – If you are measuring for pants, measure the circumference approximately 2 inches above your ankle. If you are measuring for crops, measure the circumference of your calf half way between your knee and ankle.
10. Thigh Circumference – Turn sideways with your legs slightly apart. Measure the circumference of your leg around the midpoint and thickest part of your thigh.